Medicine & Surgery
What updates do you want to see?
31/05/23 – 🌃 Night Mode
This update includes:
- the addition of a toggle to shift from light mode to dark mode for those who prefer to work at night.
15/04/23 – 🦿 Trauma & Orthopaedics Update
- added details on the pathophysiology of osteomyelitis and Paget’s disease to help build your understanding of these diseases;
- improved notes on neck of femur fractures and ligament injuries of the knee;
- focused notes on key clinical features that differentiate the diseases to quickly identify these in exams.
11/04/23 – 👨🎤 Psychiatry Update
- updated affective disorders section—including generalised anxiety disorder, panic disorder, PTSD and depression—to match BMJ Best Practice algorithms supported by the DSM-V;
- improved notes on medical management of psychiatric disorders, including antipsychotics, lithium and antidepressants;
- improved notes on differentiating between delirium and dementia. Improved clarity on the types of dementia and defining features of each.
08/04/23 – 👶 Paediatrics Update
- paediatric gastroenterology content additions on cow's milk protein allergy, Hirschprung’s disease, intussusception and pyloric stenosis;
- improvements in the paediatric neurology notes on cerebral palsy, neurological infection and seizures;
- additional details added to cyanotic heart disease notes, focusing particularly on transposition of the great arteries and tetralogy of Fallot.
02/01/23 – 🫀 Cardiology Update
- reclassifying diseases by how they affect the heart wall, splitting it into pericardium, myocardium and endocardium;
- updating the notes to ensure they’re consistent with up-to-date guidelines;
- prioritising heart failure as a high-yield, often difficult to grasp, topic. We split it into:
12/12/22 – 🫁 Respiratory Update (Free)
- more detailed notes added for high-yield topics such as interstitial lung disease, pulmonary embolism, pneumothorax and pneumonia.
- reclassifying the system to clearly show which piece of anatomy is affected by each disease. For example, splitting 😤 Airway into:
- Upper airways (Nasopharynx & Trachea)
- Bronchi / bronchioles
28/11/22 – 🦠 Infectious Disease Update
- building your underlying knowledge of bacteria to understand how antibiotic therapy targets them;
- clarifying high-yield topics such as HIV and TB.
08/11/22 – 💩 Gastroenterology Update (Free)
- including the anatomy of the biliary tree to help with understanding stone impaction;
- clarifying notes on cholangiocarcinoma and acute cholangitis;
- understanding upper GI based on presenting symptoms or anatomy.
09/09/22 – Revision Tracker Added (Free)
- visual progress indicators to allow you to track your progress through the medical specialities;
- a confidence tracker to prioritise where you need to spend more time during revision.
01/09/22 – Website Overhaul
- a left-sided navigation bar to make navigating the website quicker during revision;
- free access to gastroenterology and respiratory notes.